9.06.2006

GRE.....grrrrrr!

So, I'm studying to take the GRE. I've got this really great book that is helping me feel prepared. Here is what I've learned today:

**note: these statements were drawn directly from my book.

You'll do better on the GRE by putting aside your feelings about real education and surrendering yourself to the strange logic of the standardized test.

Remember when you were a kid and you thought that the people on TV were actually inside the television? Well, that's sort of like what's happening with the GRE. It's as if a diabolical little ETS Elf is hanging out inside the computer, crafting your test as you go along.

Don't try to psychoanalyze the Elf or to get inside his head.

Don't eat anything, you know, "weird" on the day of the test.

I'm sure this list of quotables will grow as I keep studying. At least they keep you smiling in the midst of crushing your brain!!!

Think of me please!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds intense!!
Glad it's you and not me!!!
You'll do great! You're so smart! And you know such cool and crazy new words now!!

Unknown said...

APRIL,
CONGRATULATIONS ON GOING FOR IT. I HAVE FAITH IN YOU.

MY LATEST MENTAL ACCOMPLISHMENT... A102 POINT SCORE IN SCRABBLE.

A TRIPLE WORD SCORE PLUS 50 FOR USING ALL THE TILES. AND THE WORD? ...QUESTION.

APPROPRIATE, EH?