12.11.2006

he's my hero

Here are 4 very sincere thoughts from a man who has changed my life. His name is Frederick Buechner. I hope you have heard of him. If you haven't, now you have....so go read his books!

I have tried to be as honest as I can be to my own experience: what it's like to be alive on this planet. With a particular eye cocked to, a particular ear cocked to the elusive, ambiguous presence of God.

Listen to your life. Pay attention. Pay attention to what happens to you. Maybe nothing much, but maybe the secret of all secrets you need to hear may come through some event, something that happens or fails to happen.

What makes me a believer is that from time to time, there have been glimpses I've had which have made me suspect the presence of something extraordinary and beyond the realm of the immediate. You encounter the holy in various forms, which, unless you have your eyes open, you might not even notice.

What's lost is nothing to what's found, and all the death that ever was set next to life would scarcely fill a cup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff!