4.11.2007

snow is nice and god made it!

It's snowing. We are in the middle of a 24 hour winter storm warning. Looking out the window you can't quite see across the street.

While I find it bizarre that we are re-living winter...I secretly love it. Why secretly? Well...here at work I hear one complaint after another. People are NOT happy. If I were to stand up and say "Yay snow!" I might get attacked and...well....if you know me at all....you know that I hit like a little girl! I should probably work on some defense tactics eh?

So here I sit, secretly admiring the snow, secretly smiling as I have to scrape the ice off of my windshield, and secretly hoping I can wear my big rubber cherry boots again tomorrow.

I was feeling a bit annoyed at people's sour attitudes this morning. I just want to say "Oh stop your whining" to everyone that voices a complaint. It is what it is right? Then I was reading my friend Bethany's blog and I was comforted to know that I am not the only person who is singing snowy songs in my heart. I will quote her here:


it's snowing here. again. and the part of me that likes to fit in wishes i could hate it, but the part of me that loves magical weather is rather appreciating the cloak of white.

"to argue with the weather is to be a maladjusted alien" - i can't remember who said this

Thank you and good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm glad you like it! I love snow too! I actually miss it alot here since we don't tend to get too much! Maybe you should find a self defense class or do Tai-bo (does anybody really do Tai-bo anymore?) or something. Then you could voice your joy to the world!