12.02.2007

This has been my weekend...activites and thoughts...and weather. This is a very random entry, you might lose brain cells just reading it.


On Friday I went to hear the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra perform Beethoven's 9th Symphony. Before Beethoven they performed Bernstein's Chichester Psalms. It was such a great experience. I sat there with my eyes closed and my body swaying back and forth. So many people brush aside classical music thinking that it is boring and old. I find it to be such an art!

Then Saturday morning it started snowing. I had to drive home to my parent's house. It took me twice as long to get there. I was driving 30 mph on the highway and still praying that I'd be safe because I could not see anything!


Why did I have to drive home? Well...two reasons. 1) My dad needs to look at my car. 2) My friend Jen was throwing herself a b-day party and I was invited!

And boy was it a party! Jen, the talented woman that she is...cooked a 7 course meal for all of her guests. A little backwards right? It's HER birthday and she was cooking dinner for her friends? But she insisted, and we enjoyed everything! She is such a good cook and we are all encouraging her to start her own business.

Here's a picture of Jen and myself.



So tonight I was shopping for dinner groceries and I thought of two things for which I am thankful.

After 7:00 p.m. the grocery store gives their leftover donuts away for free!


AND

The avocado is a wonderful fruit!

If I could, I would plant an avocado tree in my front yard...if I had a front yard...


Right now I am sitting at a coffee shop downtown, thinking about heading home for the night. I'm looking out the window and this is what the street looks like.


I love winter weather! It's so beautiful!

3 comments:

Momma Amy said...

I do love beautiful winter weather too, but I prefer to look at it from the comfort of my warm, cozy home rather than drive in it! :)

Dustin and Stacey said...

what? Your blog hates me! I left a comment before and it deleted it...or maybe you deleted it. Do you hate me? haha! Well, good random blog! I love winter weather. Hope you didn't take that winter storm pic WHILE you were driving home. :)

Just a Jabbott or two said...

i'm so glad one of us is enjoying "some" snow this christmas.....make a snow angel for me and i'll make a sand angel for you! eat a candycane for me :)