1.29.2009

things about april


I was challenged to write down 25 things about myself. It was indeed a challenge! It took me longer than I'd like to admit. So here, I thought I'd share the list with you.


1. Last October I ate dog soup and my friend told me that my own pets would never forgive me.

2. I was going to be a radio broadcaster and even had a job at a radio station but I got bored with "Organizational Communication" classes in college and switched my emphasis to Philosophy and Religion. The decision was dramatic and life changing.

3. My first job was working at Six Flags Great America and I hated it so much that I walked out and told my boss to "bite me". Because of this, I am on the rehire black list at Six Flags.

4. I was a baton twirler for 11 years.

5. I played the drums for quite a while.

6. When we were young, my sister and I had 4 pet rabbits. We secretly mated them and ended up with 13!

7. I speak Spanish pretty well in my head, but not with my mouth. I'm working on it though.

8. When I was little I got in trouble at school for showing all my friends my really cool underwear!

9. I had to repeat Kindergarten.

10. My mom told me that the REASON I had to repeat Kindergarten was that Mrs. McLaughlin needed a helper. And I believed it.

11. I love step aerobics classes.

12. I currently LOVE my job.

13. I am a TERRIBLE liar. It took me a long time to accept that, but my life has been a lot easier since.

14. It is really hard for me to be mean and stern. After yelling at or disciplining my students I often cry.

15. I sing all the time. I also like to dance. I'm terrible at both.

16. My favorite nicknames are Heypril and Shmaypril.

17. I have the coolest family on the planet. (I can't say "coolest in the universe" because according to one of my students, the people on Mars are really amazing. Who knew??!!)

18. My dad taught me how to break pointless rules with passion. He also taught me how to change a tire on my car. I'm good at doing both of those things.

19. One of my favorite hobbies is writing letters to all my friends around the world. As a result, I receive lots of letters from all over the world.

20. I hate doing laundry. Sometimes I buy new underwear just so I can postpone doing the laundry.

21. When I was in Italy I was forcefully kissed by a very ugly and hairy man named Luigi.

22. I love cooking with lentils.

23. I over-think everything and sometimes even spend time thinking about why I might be over-thinking everything.

24. People fascinate me. Even people who annoy me are fascinating to me.

25. I believe that love can change the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good list, April! A few of them made me crack up! 3, 8, 10,and 20. I think you're wrong about the coolest family one though. MINE is cooler.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this! :) and you're right...love CAN change the world!

(I am also a terrible liar...I can't play BS without everyone knowing that I'm lying about my cards!) lol :)

K and T said...

Love this post. :)
- Kristin