6.15.2009

take me out to the ball game!

I finally made it to a Korean baseball game!!!

I'd been anxious to go since baseball is one of Korea's most beloved sports. I didn't want to leave the country without being a part of something I'd heard so much about from my students.
IMG_1067

IMG_1074

IMG_1063

IMG_1040

IMG_1065
And WOW am I glad I went!
It was by far the most fun and exciting baseball game I've ever attended!


This was kind of my farewell hurrah, compliments of a few of my coworkers.
IMG_1060
Mia and me

IMG_1037
Mia and Eura

IMG_1039
Me and Leslie

IMG_1087
Ami and me


We were cheering for the SK Wyverns.
IMG_1066

IMG_1044

IMG_1082

Unfortunately, they lost. But that didn't stop us from cheering passionately!
We had the best cheerleading squad ever!
YES, there were cheerleaders at a baseball game!!!
IMG_1080


This guy was so entertaining! I think I watched him more than I watched the game.
IMG_1059

IMG_1029

IMG_1028

IMG_1025

And they danced...
IMG_1019

IMG_1057

IMG_1056

...sorry, lots of cheerleading pictures...
IMG_1042

IMG_1035

IMG_1068


There were many funny moments during the game, reminding me that I was indeed in Korea.

The opposing team had a Hello Kitty mascot. It was pretty awesome!! :-)
During one break this guy was recognized for something (didn't really understand the Korean) but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with his dashing outfit!
IMG_1046
Please notice the pink feather headband he's wearing along with this hot pink t-shirt! To his great joy he was givin a Hello Kitty doll!!!! Every man's dream!

During another time-out, they had a contest!--WHO HAS THE BIGGEST HEAD?
IMG_1054

IMG_1052

IMG_1051


And of course no baseball game is complete without the Ajuma selling squid jerky! Forget the peanuts and cracker jack, let's just chew on a dried squid tentacle!
IMG_1050


After the game we went to Ttukbokki Alley (pronounced duck-boke-key) and indulged in a delicious pot of goodness!

(before)
IMG_1089

(after)
IMG_1092
Yummy yum yummy yum YUM!


IMG_1090


***The rest of the night was spent in the Noraebang (Karaoke) and I was just too caught up in singing and dancing to even think about my camera! You'll just have to imagine it.

To all of you girls who made this day a blast!!!! THANK YOU! You've made my time here so meaningful. I won't forget you.


Peace out!

1 comment:

Mia said...

April, I had such a blast! I didn't know baseball games could be so fun. I will definitely go again sometime in the near future...and I will think of you! By the way, I look AWFUL in every picture...and I wasn't even drunk, right?! hee hee