10.11.2007

new friends

From Episode #912 of FRIENDS "The One With Phoebe's Rats"
(I have highlighted a few of my favorite quotes)


Mike: OK, I don't want to freak you out or anything, but I think I just saw a rat in your cupboard.

Phoebe: (relieved) Oh, whew, no, that's Bob.

Mike: What, is he your pet rat?

Phoebe: Well not so much as a pet, you know, an occasional visitor who I put food out for, you know. Kinda like Santa. Except Santa doesn't poop on the plate of cookies.

Mike: You can't keep a rat in your apartment! They're extremely unsanitary, and they transmit leptospirosis and hantavirus.

Phoebe: What are those?

Mike: I don't know but they don't sound like spa treatments. You have to get rid of it!

Phoebe: OK, fine, if it means that much to you I'll get rid of Bob.

Mike: Thank you.

Phoebe: So weird, you think he's so gross and you're willing to eat his crackers. (Mike throws out everything in his mouth)

SCENE CHANGE: A little later in the day...

Phoebe: Hey Mikey

Mike: Hey P

Phoebe: What are you doing?

Mike: Setting rat traps.

Phoebe: To kill Bob??

Mike: No, no, to test his neck strength.

Phoebe: No, Mike, I don't want to kill him! I thought we were just gonna capture him and, and you know, set him free in the country side where he can maybe meet a friendly possom and a wisecracking owl.

Mike: Ok, ok, I'll throw away the traps.

Phoebe: I'll find Bob, I'll get him. Bob? (starts looking) Bob! Robert! (looks at cabinet under sink) Oh wait, I think I hear him. Oh-Oh my god! Bob had babies! Bob's a mom!

Mike: Better think of a new name for him.


Phoebe: I don't know, I kinda like Bob for a girl.


Mike: I don't know, I mean I'm not sure (they hear cracking voice from somewhere else in the kitchen, probably a rat caught in a trap) ...

Phoebe: Oh my god, we killed Bob!




Okay, so why did I just make you read that? Well, it's one of my favorite FRIENDS episodes. But also, Katie and I have mice in our apartment. Is it terrible that I find it endearing? There was a little mouse in our cupboard yesterday and I thought, aww...a mouse! We have new friends! What should we name him?
Katie said "Well, it's a good thing we have your cat!" and I laughed. My cat probably doesn't even know what a mouse is. I can see it now. One day I'll come home from work and I'll see Solomon (my cat) cuddled up with a few mice just sleeping away that afternoon! Haha, that will be the day!
I suppose I'll have to be respsonsible and set some traps but at the moment I am just avoiding the situation.

Stay tuned for any new exciting stories about the friendly little critters!

3 comments:

Dustin and Stacey said...

oh my gosh! that is hilarious! I love FRIENDS! Yah, I don't see Solomon as much of a rat catcher either! :)

Tracey said...

I love that episode. I have a Friends moment two nights ago! Remember the fire alarm one when Phoebe tries to throw it away????

Anonymous said...

The mouse will probably chase Soloman and you'll come home to find him hiding in the closet or something...Ha Ha.