7.05.2006

superman's view


Okay, time for a little bit of "Film and Theology".

This weekend I went to the Drive-In with my family and watched Superman Returns.
The movie was okay, nothing great. I think there were too many loose ends.
There was one part however, that made me stop and think...and yes, being the "GIRL" that I am I think there were like 4 tears in my eyes.

Lois Lane, out of anger/misunderstanding of Superman gets angry for him leaving and writes a prize-winning article titled "Why the World Doesn't Need Superman". However, when Superman takes Lois on another romantic flight through the sky he shows her the fantastic view overlooking the whole world. And he tells her that all he can hear are voices upon voices screaming for his help.

I couldn't help but think about how many articles I've written in my mind that have titles like "Why I Am Better Off Without God", or "Why God Deserves Our Rebellion", or "Why I Just Don't Care".... But the truth is, I've never stopped to think about God's view of things. I am so quick to give up because I don't understand, but I DO need God, I DO need to care, and I know that God is able to fix me. And if God wore spandex...I might have to re-think things:)


No comments: