7.15.2008

what do i say today?

DSC01819

Well, this blog post is simple. I'm even going to bullet point it for you.

  • I've been here for a month. Can you believe that?!

  • I miss my family and friends. I'm also missing fresh produce. It's almost non-existent here.

  • I'm exhausted. School has been busy. While summer is here and kids are finished with school, their learning doesn't take a break. Now they go to Summer Instensives (English Camp) for a month. That means extra work for them, and extra work for me.

  • The food here continues to be delightful, surprising me with wonderful flavors.

  • I'm feeling much more comfortable with the culture here. The awkwardness is fading away and it's feeling a little more like a home.

  • I'm sorry for the lack of exciting news. It's been a crazy busy week. I haven't taken a single picture since my hiking trip last week. Stay tuned, there is more to come soon.

  • Oh, and I love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who feels this way, or are short blog posts kinda nice every once in a while? Life's busy, and a quick update from friends is great, a pic or 2, just a nice "hey, this is what I'm up to, and here's a pic for some visual stimulation!" is great.

Thanks for the update! Glad you're settling in.

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog layout! I'm new to this blogging thing. Where did you get your layout from??

(And by the way, I thoroughly enjoy reading your blogs! :) I'm thinking about ya.)