9.21.2008

dinner time...what should I eat?

Tonight I went out for dinner.


I did NOT eat this.
DSC02210
This is beondegi (boiled silkworm larvae). It smells as terrible as it looks and I hear it tastes like bugs...hmm, really?
DSC02211

I didn't eat here either.
DSC02225

Or here.
DSC02217
This lady is selling dried squid. I ate it once wrapped around a peanut. It was gross. But I tried it!

Donuts are not good for dinner, so I passed this guy up as well.
DSC02226

And this guy is selling roasted chestnuts which are yummy, but not dinner food.
DSC02228

I DID get a fine taste of these sweet guys, but I needed something a little more substantial. But they sang me a song :-)
DSC02215

And I decided to visit my favorite little ramyeon restaurant. I had tofu ramyeon. Yum!
DSC02205

Here's the menu.
DSC02199

People leave little post-it's on the walls. They say something like "hey...nice noodles!"
DSC02201

So there you go. I thought I'd give you a little sampling of the foods of Seoul.
Seoul(Soul)food!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How in the world did you know what to order from that menu??

Dustin and Stacey said...

ok, seriously! Who in the world thought it would be a good idea to eat a pot of bugs? Gross!!!