6.01.2006

my prayer

Where does my voice go when I need it to fly?

Where does it run when it needs to be heard?

What have I done to end up so lost?

How can I save myself?
..............................save myself from slipping down
.........................................................................down
..............................................................................under?
Who will save me?

My voice, where is it? I can't hear it.
Speak damn it! SPEAK!

But what is there to say?

What words can change this life, this dread?

Words that are filled with desire, aching with hope....the slightest prayer...

What more are they than the whisper of weakness,

indeed,

the inability to speak any words at all.

Words words words, my futile human attempt at making sense out of nothing.

And so, can I really pray?

In this moment of pain will something save me, will someone stretch the gap between my shame and my salvation? Will something fix this heartbreak?

My words are not enough.

No comments: