7.20.2007

shorewood bike race

Yesterday I returned home from work to find that the entire street was blocked off. I had no idea what was going on. I was somewhat exhausted and I was annoyed because I had to park several blocks from the apartment because everything was closed off. Once I got settled and started walking home I learned that the event was the 4TH ANNUAL SHOREWOOD CRITERIUM INTERNATIONAL CYCLING CLASSIC. My attitude changed from really annoyed to instantly inspired and excited! I took a power nap on the couch and then went outside to watch the start of the pro race. It was really cool!
It was especially awesome that they were racing right past our apartment building. Since we are the first unit on the front and since we have huge windows, we could see and hear the entire event right from our living room.
Here are a few pictures:




No comments: